Bradley Shear is an internationally recognized attorney, speaker, and author. He is the first private practice lawyer in the United States to work with a state government (State of Maryland) to draft social media law. His blog, Shear on Social Media Law is the first blog to focus on social media law and public policy issues and is syndicated by the publisher of The American Lawyer and The National Law Journal. Bradley is an adjunct professor at The George Washington University.
He has testified in the Maryland House of Delegates, the Maryland Senate, and state administrative agencies on social media and digital law and public policy matters. Bradley advises clients along with state and federal lawmakers regarding privacy, technology, and sports law and public policy issues.
His professional experience includes working for the National Football League Players Association, Players, Inc., JPMorgan Chase, and an entertainment start up company.
The George Washington University, BBA (with honors) 1995, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, Order of Omega Honor Society; The University of Baltimore School of Law, JD (with honors) 1998, Best Appellant Brief 1997 Pace National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, Honor Court Chair; and Fordham Graduate School of Business, MBA 2004, and Omicron Delta Epsilon Honor Society.
- Washington, DC
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Selected Professional Memberships
- Board of Editors, ALM Media's Internet Law & Strategy Journal
- Sports Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Selected Published Works
Law & Strategy, An ALM Publication, Volume 10, Number 3, March
2012: "Maryland Introduces Bills to Protect Students' Social Media
- Maryland State Bar Association Bar Bulletin May 2009: "Main Contract Provisions of a Recording Contract"
- American Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Law Trends & News Publication Fall 2009: "Estate Planning For Entertainers and Professional Athletes"