Effective August 1, 2016
Collection of Information
We collect and receive the following types of information when you use the Website:
- Information You Provide Directly. You may choose to provide information directly to us. For example, if you sign up to receive our newsletter or other updates, we ask for your email address or other personal information.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We also collect certain information about you and your computer automatically when you visit the Website. This type of information may include:
- The type of Web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services;
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location); and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on the Website that we collect using cookies, Web beacons, and similar technologies.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with the Website;
- To improve the Website by, for example, learning more about what information users find interesting or useful;
- To provide you with Theseus Group promotional materials, such as updates from our blog and our other platforms; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that provide web analytics, advertising, email distribution, and other services. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- protect the legal rights of Theseus Group and of the users of the Website;
- protect the safety and security of users of the Website;
- prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Third-Party Content, Functionality, and Services
Protection of Information
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information from our database.
Changing or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you have submitted personally identifiable information (i.e. your name, address, email address, etc…) through our Website and would like to change or delete that information, please contact us.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
We, as well as certain third parties that provide content, functionality, or services on the Website use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Website. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
Web beacons. We, along with our third-party partners, may also use technologies called web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the web beacon was viewed. We and our partners use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Website and in conjunction with cookies to improve the Website and to provide you with more relevant promotion materials.